Thursday, October 7, 2010

So much to say...

Well, I haven't updated the blog in a while-  Initially, I was just too lazy to scan my 24 week ultrasound photos, but then life just got crazy!  Here's a quick recap of the last 2 months:

  • Really started to feel the baby move around 22 weeks- from the inside and out.  Brown got to feel her, too. :)
  • Right around the same time, my morning sickness truly went away- Such a relief!
  • Had an ultrasound on August 19th to make sure my placenta had moved- It did!  Baby looks perfect and everything is in the right spot.  She's measuring right on track (but, I still haven't scanned the ultrasound pics)!
  • 8/19/2010 - 24 Weeks
  • I started taking prenatal yoga classes- So much fun and made me feel so great!
  • I also started taking a cake decorating class with my friend, Jennifer.  Also, so fun!
  • My first practice cake :)
    
  • On September 10th, Brown had a double hernia surgery.  Poor guy was in sooo much pain!
  • Post-op with a stuffed animal from the nurse
  • On September 16th-17th, I started to get really severe vertigo and began throwing up uncontrollably.  I also got some strange abdominal pain.
  • On September 18th, I went to the ER for the ever-worsening abdominal pain. Turns out it was a ruptured, infected appendix.  Went into surgery that night and stayed in the hospital for 4 more days. The vertigo doesn't appear to have been related to the appendicitis, but who knows.  It was a miserable week!
I think that about covers it!  For obvious reasons, I never got to finish my cake class and had to put the yoga on hold.  Everyone in the Jarmon house is slowly getting back to normal.  Baby Girl was a total trooper and got through surgery without any problems.  All things considered, she and I are very, very, very lucky.  The docs were worried about pre-term labor and a recurring infection, but so far, so good.

On a lighter note, my dogs have been gracious enough to help me test out the new baby gear.  I'll close out this entry with some absurd photos.  :)

 

2 comments:

  1. you crack me up with the puppy photos! So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I was keeping up with you through Cynthia!!! Take care and SCAN that ultrasound photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love your puppy photos! I've never seen a bumbo look so good!

    So glad you and baby are doing better!

    ReplyDelete