Friday, June 11, 2010

An anniversary, an ultrasound, and my ever-expanding self

So, in the past few weeks, a couple blog-worthy things have happened.  The first was our 2 year wedding anniversary on May 31st.  I was kinda bummed out because I thought I felt too bad to be any fun. Going to a restaurant or even a movie sounded like it would just make me feel worse. 

Brown completely came through.  I'm usually the cook of the family, but since I was out of commission, Brown bought steaks, shrimp and asparagus and made us a perfect anniversary dinner.  We also popped a bottle of sparkling cider to fill our wedding champagne flutes.  It really turned out to be a lovely day, in spite of my relentless nausea!


Next update is about the baby!  We got another ultrasound on June 3rd when I was 12 weeks and 6 days along.  Baby looks perfect! This ultrasound was for the first trimester screening, so we go to see the baby on the screen for about 10-15 minutes. It was lots of fun. :)

Final update is me! There have been a few requests to see "bump pics", so here they are!  (There's not much to see- I really just look chubby now!)  It's amazing that, while I've hardly had an appetite and haven't gained any weight, I look like I've been eating cheeseburgers for weeks! The first pic is at 4 weeks, the second at 12 and the last pic was taken today, at 14 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely a tiny bump there! This is the worst stage cause it's like, is she chubby, is she pregnant.... you just can't tell! I see the boobs aren't ridiculous! Lucky you! Mine were already huge by this point!

    So glad to see the baby update! SHE looks perfect! Let's get together soon! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete